Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications
St John's Prep School
December 19, 2017
Full Time - Administration
4 Year Degree
St. John’s Prep educates young men to live, be, do and stand for GOOD. As an inclusive, Catholic Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School for young men in grades 6 through 12, we draw our inspiration from the Xaverian values of compassion, humility, simplicity, trust and zeal. We are a community that cares about creating enduring personal relationships.
The Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications plays a key role in developing and implementing a strategic, data driven marketing and communications program to engage all constituents, strengthen brand awareness, and support priorities in school life, admission, and institutional advancement. This is a full-time staff position reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional who brings a strategic and creative mindset to all aspects of the communications and marketing program. This position is an exciting opportunity for a candidate who can work collaboratively with the Director of Marketing and Communications; cultivate relationships within the school community and with external audiences; thrive in a fast-paced environment; and juggle multiple projects with a smile.
• Create content for the website, social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, SmugMug), email communication, print projects, and a semi-annual magazine.
• Script, shoot, and edit video for all audiences and all channels.
• Act as school photographer, capturing images of daily campus life and special events such as concerts, plays, Homecoming, reunions, annual gala, Commencement, and others.
• Maintain a comprehensive photo and video archive.
• Write news stories, features and profiles for all audiences and all channels.
• Act as media contact; write and distribute news releases on event listings, honor roll, and Commencement; maintain database of media contacts.
• Other duties as requested.
All members of the faculty and staff are expected to give witness to the mission of St. John’s, as well as to our identity as an inclusive, Catholic, Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School. In concert with faculty and staff responsibilities, St. John’s encourages all members of the faculty to be involved in and to help enhance the life of the school, which includes a wide range of co-curricular, intramural and interscholastic programs.
• Bachelor’s degree and three to five years related experience.
• A portfolio demonstrating strong writing, photography and video skills.
• High comfort level with technology.
• Experience with PhotoShop, FinalCut Pro or comparable software.
• Some weekends and evenings required.
Please send a cover letter, portfolio, and résumé to Tracii Schaeublin, Director of Human Resources/Controller, at email@example.com by January 26, 2018.
St. John’s Preparatory School is conveniently located just 15 miles northeast of Boston in Danvers, Massachusetts. We are a Xaverian Brothers sponsored school educating nearly 1,500 young men in grades 6 through 12 from more than 70 communities throughout Massachusetts and New Hampshire. Our rigorous academic and extensive co-curricular program encourages students to develop their spiritual, int...ellectual, moral, physical, and creative potential, and inspires them to honor the diversity that enriches both our school community and the world beyond St. John's.