Sr. Coordinator, Digital Marketing and Circulation
March 26, 2018
USA - MA - Cambridge
Responsibilities are balanced between: (1) digital marketing for Harvard Education Press (HEP) and Case Studies; and (2) circulation for the Harvard Educational Review (HER).
MARKETING I HEP
1. Project Management - Develop original content for the hepg.org website, including category features and blog posts . - Undertake redesign of HEPG.org as needed, including management of key stakeholders, focus groups, vendor search, and document deliverables such as RFPs and functional specs. - Generate actionable observations, insights, conclusions and recommendations from website data to drive site improvements and optimize performance . - In collaboration with the marketing team, manage digital outreach projects such as Edelweiss review copies and catalogs and Amazon's Search Inside the Book. - Manage strategy, execution, and budget for Google AdWords . - Monitor and maintain project budgets; enter invoices into the database, reconciling invoices as needed, and coordinating with finance department to ensure prompt payment to vendors. - Coordinate fulfillment, distribution, and customer service for HEP Case Studies program. - Support HEP conference initiatives as needed, including attendance and customer service.
2. Social Media - Plan, execute, and manage the day-to-day online social media efforts; recommend overarching strategies and identify growth opportunities for HEP authors . - In coordination with the marketing team, develop the social media calendar, manage accounts such as Twitter and Facebook, and monitor the community response . - Establish benchmark metrics and best practices; regularly reporting metrics and recommendations to marketing team. - Ensure consistency in company positioning and representation of the brand on social networking sites.
3. Research and Reporting - On a monthly basis, track e-book program sales and impact; research and recommend marketing opportunities; provide analysis and recommendations for prospective titles . - Monitor trends on best digital practices and techniques, identifying and evaluating new opportunities and technologies while proactively researching issues and formulating solutions. - Manage audience research initiatives such as focus groups and surveys from concept to implementation to reporting and analysis.
PLEASE SEE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR CONTINUATION OF DUTIES
CIRCULATION | HER
1. Reporting and Analysis - Serves as principal source of information on circulation policies, including IP authentication requirements. - Research, report, and recommend best practices for circulation, including databases, discoverability, and third-party partnerships. - Liaise with vendors such as Quickfill, Allen Press, ProQuest, EBSCO, and JSTOR as well as subscription agencies. Provides updates on current processes and practices; prepares research and reports on vendors and marketplace value. - Prepares seasonal reports and briefs analyzing product performance, customer base, and market potential - Researches and recommends subscription rates, systems, and policies to management .
2. Operations - Oversees day-to-day circulation operations for the Harvard Educational Review (HER), including entry and maintenance of all subscription-related information (new subscriptions, renewals, change of address, etc.) and processing of accounts: including new orders, renewals, address changes, cancellations, payments, filing, processing credit cards, refunds, and claims. - Manages mailing house to ensure delivery of issues and all printed materials to subscribers such as invoices, renewals, issue mailing envelopes, and business reply envelopes. - Grants access for HER library accounts, via IP address. - Maintains issue mailing postage accounts; files annual USPS circulation report; keeps up-to-date on postal requirements and regulations.
3. Customer Service - Leads continuous innovation for HEPG customer service team, including interns, in documenting and streamlining, and improving customer service practices. - Responds to customer inquiries and complaints regarding subscriptions and distributes email from HEPG account to appropriate departments. Processes circulation-related mail. - Assists subscribers with access to HER websites.
We regret that the Harvard Graduate School of Education does not provide Visa sponsorship.
About the Harvard Graduate School of Education
Many choose to work at the Harvard Graduate School of Education because they believe in our mission and are excited by our vision for the future. We have a reputation as a great place to work, for our excellent leadership, and we are a strong community which values diversity. For more information about HGSE, its programs, research, and faculty, please visit: www.gse.harvard.edu
Salary Grade: 055
Union: 55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
3 years experience in an office or administrative setting. Experience with social media.
All candidates must indicate meeting basic qualifications in either their cover letter or resume. All candidates wishing to be considered must supply a cover letter and resume.
BA preferred. Proven attention to detail. Proven ability to meet deadlines. Self-motivated. Track record in managing and improving workflow. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to delegate and coordinate work with others. Experience with datatabases preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Internal Number: 45152BR
About Harvard University
Harvard University is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in many disciplines who make a difference globally. The University, which is based in Cambridge and Boston, Massachusetts, has an enrollment of over 20,000 degree candidates, including undergraduate, graduate, and professional students. Harvard has more than 360,000 alumni around the world. The University has twelve degree-granting Schools in addition to the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, offering a truly global education. Established in 1636, Harvard is the oldest institution of higher education in the United States.