Virginia Military Institute invites applications for the full-time position of Director of Tickets and Marketing. This position reports to the Associate Director of Athletics for External Relations in the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics.
• Responsible for ticketing systems, audit and reconciliation, design of individual, group and season ticket sale programs, contribution of advertising and corporate sales efforts, event management and general engagement in department administrative efforts.
• Staff the ticket office and execute in-person, telephone and internet sales.
• Hire, schedule and supervise ticket staff for games and events.
• Responsible for managing ticket operations for all department events.
• Operate ticket software system.
• Administer a system of controls for accounting and auditing purposes to ensure full integrity of all transactional operations.
• Design and implement programs for individual, group, corporate and season ticket programs.
• Develop strategies for use of social media and other web based communication platforms to advance external revenue production for department.
• Contribute to department’s event/game management efforts.
• Work cooperatively with Keydet Club for reservation and distribution of donor tickets.
• Demonstrate commitment to compliance with all VMI, Virginia, Southern Conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
• Compile seasonal and yearly reports.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics and/or his/her designee.
Experience in Athletic Department administrative work (marketing or ticketing).
Starting salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Candidates must apply on-line at: http://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/108604
Please include resume, letter of application, official transcripts, and the names and contact information for three professional references. Applications accepted until the position is filled.
Criminal background check required for selected candidate.
VMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, age, or disability. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply.
About Virginia Military Institute
VMI is a public, four-year, undergraduate military college (1,200 students) located in the historic Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Lexington (population 7,000) offers a stimulating cultural atmosphere, a relaxed rural pace, and a diverse economic base to make life both pleasant and rewarding.