Develops and implements a marketing plan for a major organizational unit within a college or division. May provide technical assistance to external clients.
Develops and implements a marketing plan for a major organizational unit, to include market research, communications, sales development and special events programs. May focus marketing activities upon potential clients, sponsors, alliance (non-profit contractors) and public and private decision makers.
Coordinates activities with communications, training and related personnel within the organization and outside vendors.
May assist in the preparation of technical and commercial presentations to industry and community groups and associations. May make presentations promoting the organization to such groups.
Identifies and develops input for websites, newsletters, social media, testimonial and case studies.
Communicates with and supports external clients and/or partners where appropriate.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 3 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
As a Tier One public research institution and one of the country's most diverse universities, UH takes pride in providing the talented workforce, innovative leaders, problem solvers and visionaries necessary for a progressive and rewarding community. The Division of University Marketing, Communication and Media Relations is seeking exceptional talent for our high performing teams.
Additional Job Duties:
Participants in teh development and implementation of marketing initiatives, enabling programs, services, events and/or products to meet the University's objectives. Drives cross-functional collaboration across the organization. This position will manage the execution of marketing initiatives for the Division of University Marketing, Communication and Media Relations.
* Manage marketing plans/programs to meet business objectives, including
collaboration with internal stakeholders and vendor partners.
* Implement integrated marketing communications and brand strategy across a
variety of channels (i.e, digital and print).
* Conduct market research, including competitive bench marking, and analyze
campaign and program effectiveness used to inform decisions regarding
strategic marketing direction, and customer targeting.
* Assess market opportunities and track market trends. Recommend marketing
improvements based on findings.
* Track project timelines, participate in project kickoffs, provide project details
required for development and execution, and manage projects daily ensuring
all projects meet their deadlines.
* Traffic all creative assets from creation to completion. Archive all creative
* Actively participate in process improvements that impact marketing or
marketing operations, actively participate during the business review cycle and
planning cycles with regards to data collection and reporting.
Additional Required Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in Marketing or a similar major
* Understands how to implement integrated marketing programs across
channels, including digital and print.
* Experience with project management and the ability to manage multiple
* Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
* Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
Additional Required Documents:
* Advertising and marketing samples such as: marketing plan, marketing
strategy, creative brief, etc.
Internal Number: STA004235
About University of Houston
Founded in 1927, the University of Houston is the leading public research university in the vibrant international city of Houston. Each year, we educate more than 40,750 students in more than 300 undergraduate and graduate academic programs, on campus and online. UH awards more than 8,000 degrees annually, with more than 200,000 alumni. UH is a Carnegie-designated Tier One public research university.